We are always on the lookout for amazing artists to join our roster of talented freelancers. If you are a great Concept Artist or Illustrator with top skills and you are looking to take on commissions, we would love to hear from you.
Freelancers, please feel free to send your portfolios to: jobs (at) mooncolony.co
For Full-time opportunities, please see our open positions below.
We are looking for a talented entry level concept artist to join our newly assembled art team. Chosen candidate will work closely with the Art Director to help visualise our clients visions and create top quality art in a variety of styles. You'll be responsible for designing characters, creating 2D art assets and polished illustrations within deadlines specified by the clients. This is a great opportunity for young, talented artists who are trying to break into the industry and kick start their careers.
This is a contract position with a potential to become Full-time in the future. For the time being, the candidate will work remotely.
Skills & Responsibilities
- Excellent foundation skills
- Solid Knowledge of painting and sketching softwares such as Photoshop, Painter, etc.
- Exceptional understanding of human and creature anatomy.
- Excellent fundamental illustration skills including composition, perspective and colour theory.
- Strong sense of design with a good eye for detail.
- Ability to adapt to a wide range of artistic styles.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to visualise and interpret other peoples ideas.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good self motivation and self management skills.
- Passion for video games
- Great personality
- Knowledge of 3D softwares like Modo, Maya or 3D Max.
- Examples of fantasy and sci-fi character designs.
- Examples of polished illustrations demonstrating rendering skills.
No industry experience is required but artists with previous experience are also welcome to apply.